Earth is currently the only planet in the Solar System where we know life can be found. It is also known as the blue planet because its oceans, which make up to 71% of its surface, make it appear blue from space.
Earth is the largest of the four inner planets, with a diameter of 7,918 miles. It is the fifth largest in the Solar System.
Earth is the densest planet in the Solar System. It also has the strongest magnetic field and the fastest rotation period, which means it spins faster than any other planet.
(Taken from 101 Facts… The Solar System by IC Stars & IP Factly)
Earth is featured in the following books:
101 Facts… The Solar System
101 Facts… Space Exploration
The YouTube video playlist below contains videos about the Earth. Details of the videos featured are underneath.
- NASA | Earth at Night
- What an Astronaut’s Camera Sees (from ISS) by SpaceRip
- The View from Space – Countries and Coastlines by SpaceRip
- Earth 100 Million Years From Now by SpaceRip
- Blast into Space, Spectacular Fall to Earth by SpaceRip
- If the Moon were replaced with some of our planets by yeti dynamics
- Dynamic Earth by The Daily Conversation
- Earth Breathes as Seasons Change by The Daily Conversation
- Space School- Earth by Science Channel 1
More space video playlists include:
The Sun, Mercury, Venus, Earth, The Moon (& other moons), Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Beyond Neptune, Asteroid Belt, Comets, Black Holes, Dwarf Planets and Stars.
A full list of space videos can be found at ipfactly.com/space-videos