Neptune is the farthest planet from the Sun. As a result, it takes 165 Earth years for Neptune to make a complete orbit around the Sun.
Neptune has a cluster of dark spots on its surface similar to Jupiter’s Giant Red Spot. These have been collectively named the Great Dark Spot.
The discovery of Neptune is credited to Urbain Le Verrier, who predicted the planet’s existence through mathematical calculations. For a long time, Neptune was called Le Verrier’s planet, and then Oceanus before Le Verrier finally came up with the name Neptune after the Roman god of water.
The YouTube video playlist below contains videos about Neptune. Details of the videos featured are underneath.
- Space School Neptune by 77treilly
- Voyager 2 at Neptune: “Voyager’s Last Encounter” 1989 NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory JPL CalTech by Jeff Quitney
- Neptune – Sixty Symbols by Sixty Symbols
- Uranus And Neptune: The Mysterious Outer Giants by VideoFromSpace
- The Neptune’s sounds by Vladimir Ilitch
More space video playlists include:
The Sun, Mercury, Venus, Earth, The Moon (& other moons), Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Beyond Neptune, Asteroid Belt, Comets, Black Holes, Dwarf Planets and Stars.
A full list of space videos can be found at ipfactly.com/space-videos