A black hole is a region of space which has such strong gravity that nothing can escape it – not even the fastest thing in the galaxy – light!
Black holes are born when huge stars die (the star needs to be at least ten times the size of our Sun to form a black hole). The star collapses inwards becoming as small as a city and its gravity becomes so strong that nothing that gets too near can escape.
The point at which nothing can escape is called the event horizon.
The YouTube video playlist below contains videos about the black holes. Details of the videos featured are underneath.
- What’s Inside a Black Hole? by SpaceRip
- The Largest Black Holes in the Universe by SpaceRip
- Travel INSIDE a Black Hole by Vsauce
- 10 Mind-Bending Facts About Black Holes by Alltime10s
- 25 Crazy Facts About Black Holes by list25
- NASA Accidentally Discovers Giant Black Holes by DNews
- NASA: sound of a black hole by lumajs
- Proof that Black Holes Exist by SpaceRip
More space video playlists include:
The Sun, Mercury, Venus, Earth, The Moon (& other moons), Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Beyond Neptune, Asteroid Belt, Comets, Black Holes, Dwarf Planets and Stars.
A full list of space videos can be found at ipfactly.com/space-videos