The Sun is the only star in the Solar System, and is its largest object. Located in the very center of the Solar System, the Sun has a diameter of roughly 1.3 million kilometers – that’s more than a hundred times larger than the diameter of Earth.
The Sun accounts for more than 99% of the mass of the Solar System, about 300,000 times the mass of Earth. The planet Jupiter accounts for most of the Solar System’s remaining mass.
(Taken from 101 Facts… The Solar System by IC Stars & IP Factly)
The YouTube video playlist below contains videos about the Sun as well as other stars in the Solar System. Details of the videos featured are underneath.
- NASA | SDO: Three Years of Sun in Three Minutes
- NASA | Fiery Looping Rain on the Sun
- NASA | Ring-shaped Prominence Erupts from Sun
- NASA | Magnificent Eruption in Full HD
- NASA | Canyon of Fire on the Sun
- Space School – The Sun by Discovery TV
More space video playlists include:
The Sun, Mercury, Venus, Earth, The Moon (& other moons), Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Beyond Neptune, Asteroid Belt, Comets, Black Holes, Dwarf Planets and Stars.
A full list of space videos can be found at ipfactly.com/space-videos