101 Facts… Volcanoes!
Over 101 cool facts about these awe-inspiring lava spewing pimples on the planet.
It contains facts, stunning photos and awesome videos that show us much more about these deadly but beautiful features of the Earth.
A volcano is an opening on the Earth’s surface where hot molten rocks, ash and gases are released. Hot molten material inside the Earth’s surface is called magma. When a volcano erupts, magma rushes towards the surface of the Earth. When it reaches the Earth’s surface – it is called lava. Volcanoes explode because of the intense pressure building up inside them. It’s like opening a bottle of soda after shaking it very hard!
A detailed playlist of the videos is listed below.
- Bill Nye the Science Guy®: Volcanoes – Video by Disney Educational Productions
- Volcano Eruptions by National Geographic
- Volcano Lava by National Geographic
- Most incredible volcano footage ever by geoffmackley
- Top 5 Volcano Webcams and Videos by Discovery
- 10 Most Active Volcanoes by Alltime10s
- Hawaiian Volcanic Eruptions Continue by NTDTV
- Kilauea Volcano Erupts – Dramatic Video by MyEarbot
- Kilauea Volcano lava crosses the highway by geoffmackley
- Yellowstone Super-Eruptions | Curiosity: Volcano Time Bomb by Discovery
- Volcano Eruption Mount St. Helens May 18, 1980 USGS by Stan Atamanchuk
- Volcano Eruption – The Eruption of Mt St Helens (1980) – Rare Footage by Rare Educational And Entertaining Videos