…Amazing Animal Books
101 Facts… BIG CATS!
Over 101 amazing facts about these ferocious yet awe-inspiring animals.
It contains facts, photos and awesome videos that show us more about these incredible creatures.
Buy this book at AMAZON
Five Quick Facts:
- The name ‘smilodon’ comes from the Greek words for ‘carving knife’ and ‘tooth’, referring to its long, sharp canines.
- Modern big cats have special cone-shaped bristles on the surface of their tongues. These do not aid in tasting, but rather help the cat groom and break down meat.
- There is a reason why cats don’t like sweets. With the exception of leopards and the Pallas’ cat, most cats cannot taste sweetness.
- All cats have five basic sounds. These are the: mew, hiss, growl, snarl, and spit. All except the mew are used to threaten other animals.
- Cats also communicate with their tails. If their tails are raised, this usually means they are content, and if their tails are held low, they are uncomfortable.
Many of the animals included in the book are listed below.
Follow the links for the animal’s video playlist:
For video footage…