…Amazing Science Books
101 Facts… Weather!
Over 101 amazing facts about the weather.
It contains facts, photos and awesome videos that show us more about the world’s weather.
Buy this book at AMAZON
Five Quick Facts:
- Snowflakes falling at 2 to 4 miles (3 to 6 kilometers) per hour usually reach the ground after about an hour.
- The largest hailstone in the United States fell in Vivian, South Dakota on July 23, 2010. It was almost 2 pounds (1 kilogram) in weight and 8 inches (20 centimeters) in diameter.
- In the Northern Hemisphere, hurricanes rotate in a counter-clockwise direction. They spin in a clockwise direction in the Southern Hemisphere.
- The chance of you being struck by lightning is about one in three million!
- The 1970 Bhola Cyclone is believed to be the deadliest storm in recent history. It killed more than 300,000 people in Bangladesh!
A detailed playlist of the videos is listed below.
- Broken Hill Dust Storm Australia by Clunesley
- Phoenix Dust Storm 2012 Monsoon Phoenix, Arizona July 21, 2012 Haboob Dust Sand Storm Gilbert, AZ by Star Wars HQ
- Very Large Hail by cld9trs
- Close “clear-air” lightning bolt! – Darwin Australia by William Nguyen-Phuoc
- Epic Lightning Storm in Georgia by Jason Weingart
- Watch The Birth of a Tornado by National Geographic
- Tornadoes, Lightning in Rare Video by National Geographic
- Inside the Tornado by National Geographic
- Super Hurricanes and Typhoons by SpaceRip
- Hurricane Wilma Video – Miami Beach, Florida by UltimateChase
- Hurricanes 101 by National Geographic
- Steep road + ice and snow = FUN… by iloveiphoneandipad
- Weather 101: A Tutorial on Cloud Types by NWSAlbuquerque