…Amazing Animal Books
101 Facts… Desert Animals!
Over 101 amazing facts about these tough and highly adapted animals.
It contains facts, photos and awesome videos that show us more about these incredible creatures.
Buy this book at AMAZON
Five Quick Facts:
- Desert tortoises can survive more than a year without drinking.
- The water-holding frog survives periods of hot, dry weather by wrapping itself in a watertight cocoon that it makes using its own skin, and burying itself deep under the ground.
- The Sahara desert ant is considered the most heat tolerant of all animals, able to remain active even when surface temperatures reach 158 degrees Fahrenheit (70 Celsius).
- The desert grassland whiptail lizard is believed to be an all-female species, with the eggs developing even without fertilization from a male.
- Rock hyraxes can control their own temperature to balance their water supply and are quite lazy, spending only five percent of their day in activity.
Many of the animals included in the book are listed below.
Follow the links for the animal’s video playlist:
For video footage…
- Desert Mammals:
- Dorcas Gazelle
- Dromedary Camel
- Fennec Fox
- Kangaroo Rat
- Rock Hyrax
- Red Kangaroos