…Amazing Animal Books
Here we look at some footage of the incredible orca.
There are more videos available for older readers at ‘Killer Whales – The World’s Most Powerful Predators!‘
This book looks at one of the most amazing creatures in the world – the orca. Aimed at the under 8’s it has short, snappy facts and incredible photos.
Here’s a handy page that can be printed out showing the different types of killer whales.
Here we have some specially selected video footage.
The YouTube video below contains a playlist of 6 videos to watch and enjoy, the list of videos featured is underneath.
List of Playlist Videos
- Wild Kingdom- Orca Matriarch by Animal Planet
- Orcas hunting seal on ice floe in Antarctica by manfredthimme
- A wild orca plays with human friend by Notsuredomus
- Swimming with orcas (killer whales) by Mary Lunn
- Giant Blue-Finned Tuna – Killer Whale – BBC
- KILLER WHALE SWIMS WITH DOG – Orcas Hunting or Playing? by Animal Wire
A short video explaining more about the killer whale.
Here we can see orcas trying to catch a seal using wave washing. They keep trying, but they don’t succeed this time.
Here’s footage of a wild orca playing with someone on a boat.
Lovely footage of Mary Lunn snorkeling with orcas off the coast of northern Norway.
Quick insight into how killer whales use fishermen to get their food.
A close up look at how picky some orcas groups are with the prey they’ll take.