…Amazing Animal Books
101 Facts… Owls !
Over 101 amazing facts about these cute but deadly animals.
It contains facts, photos and awesome videos that show us more about these amazing creatures.
Buy this book at AMAZON
Five Quick Facts:
- Like other birds of prey, female owls are larger, heavier and more aggressive than male owls.
- The laughing owl, which became extinct in the 1920s, got its name from its mischievous-sounding calls, some sounding like the barks of a young dog, others like chattering and still others like whistles.
- The Cuban giant owl is believed to have been the largest owl ever to exist, measuring 3.6 feet (1.1 meters) long and weighing over 20 pounds (9 kilograms). Because of its very long legs, it is believed to have been flightless. It lived until roughly 5000 years ago.
- Owls do not have eyeballs. Instead, their eyes are shaped like tubes. Because of this, they cannot move their eyes around, so they move their heads around instead – up to 270 degrees!
- Owls have zygodactyl feet. This means that they have two toes pointing forward and two pointing back, which allows them to keep a powerful grip on their prey.
Many of the animals included in the book are listed below.
Follow the links for the animal’s video playlist:
For video footage…