…Amazing History Books
101 Facts… Mayan History
Over 101 amazing facts about the Maya civilization.
This book contains facts, photos and awesome videos that show us more about the Mayan empire.
Buy this book at AMAZON
Five Quick Facts:
- The Mayans believed that the world was created in 3114 BC, the zero date of their calendar.
- The Mayans predicted that the end of the world would be on December 21, 2012.
- According to Mayan mythology, humans were created from maize!
- Most Mayans were living in small agricultural villages when the Spaniards arrived. Their once-great empire and their huge cities were already forgotten deep in the jungles.
- Only a few Mayan books or codices survive, because the Spaniards burned most of them. They thought they were evil.
A detailed playlist of the videos is listed below.
- The Maya People by SmithsonianNMAI
- The Rise And Fall – Mayan Civilisation by The Evolution
- 10 Interesting Facts About The Ancient Mayans by pastimers
- What happened to the Mayan civilization? by BoomsValor
- The Spanish Empire, Silver, & Runaway Inflation: Crash Course World History #25
- The Creation Story of the Maya by SmithsonianNMAI
- Travel | Caracol Maya Ruins Belize
- Lost Temples: Mayan Pyramids of Chichen Itza by National Geographic
- National Geographic Live! – Palenque and the Ancient Maya World